- Design Concept
- Numerical Control Programming
- 3D Printing
- CNC machining 3 axes / 5 axes
Developing a car involves manufacturing prototypes to check the design at different development stages. From the concept design up to the functional one, prototyping plays a large role in creating every component of the car.
Prototyping auto parts and assemblies enables design validation, which is important since car safety affects human safety. Apart from that, prototyping can help determine whether the material is the best possible or whether the manufacturing process is efficient.
Automotive Prototyping Technology -Process
Car prototyping technology permeates every design and development stage. Multiple reruns, remanufacturing and redesigns are inevitable during the process. The typical parts that are used for rapid prototyping are the following: dashboards, consoles, door panels and pillars to exterior components such as bumper, grilles, headlights and taillights lighting prototypes.
Functional prototyping of automotive parts means that the resulting prototype must be made of the same material and match the product in every possible way. After the prototype is complete, its main properties are tested and its performance is assessed. In general, the functional prototype is used for the following purposes:
- Testing the manufacturing technology to find production faults and bottlenecks.
- Checking the technical requirements of the design, whether everything fits correctly.
- Verifying the overall design in regards to measurements, precision, and design errors.